Tuesday 31 July 2018

Road Map

I made a Gantt chart to help me plan, monitor and schedule my thesis process. 

In August before everything begins, I will be dedicating my time wrapping up the mocap and to conduct as much photogrammetry work as I can possible. I will also finalize my research questions before heading back into classes in the fall. 

I decided to plan my thesis process by breaking the writing process into two two-month periods, the first half is in September and October and the second half is in the mid-January to mid-March. September and October will be a great time to write as I will also be attending and presenting at two academic conferences and moreover I will be taking a critical theory class. The game design process will be spread throughout the year. I intentionally scheduled my autoethnographic writing process the same time as when I intend to start level designing and blockmeshing the game environment, as I believe the autoethnography will greatly influence how I want the level to feel. 

When September comes, I want to first solidify my game concept and GDD.  November and December will be dedicated to finalizing the assets in my game, cleaning up mocap data, photogrammetry data, modeling, texturing and rigging. In the new year, I will first focus on bringing everything together and spend an extensive period on programming and to build a first playable build. Afterwards in February and March I might conduct user testings but will solely focus on fixing bugs, doing updates, fixing any asset errors and scripting for the final build. This will be done at the same time as I write the conclusion and reflect on my research-creation process in order to meet the deadline to hand in the first draft of my thesis. 

March will be solely dedicated to editing and finalizing both my written thesis document and my game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Explorations in Level Design Part 4

Final Level Design Walkthrough In my final level design exploration, I designed a level that was inspired by the the Last of Us with so...